Monday 29 November 2010

Hampstead Heath

A walk on HH today, a first for me. Yes, I don't get out much.

A day as cold as iron, frozen paths as hard as steel. Ice on the ponds as hard as solder.

I was accompanied by a cross section of the North London middle class. The moitie-bourgeoisie are handily interchangeable. All so respectable and sober in polar fleecy things, No, I'm just being silly-unreasonable to expect nighties and cans of Tennants on a day like this.

God love 'em for their well behaved dogs, though. Like their children, when they deign to have them. How they manage to breed into them a blend of disciplined playfulness-the dogs, I mean? I expect the children just get given Jumbone.

Really surprising? The gulch-like canyon-ness of the place, deep wild ravines that cry out for abandoned cars and nests of outlaws.

In summary, beautiful and sort of wild and reachable by Travelcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment